How can I update Garmin Nuvi Maps?
If you’re looking for the process for installing the Garmin Nuvi update, you’ve reached the right webpage. Here, in this article, you will find all the information that will help you to keep your device up-to-date.
How to Perform Garmin Nuvi Update?
For updating your Garmin Nuvi device, you are provided with a user-friendly software named “Garmin Express”. You can download and install the software from the Garmin Express webpage. For reaching the desired window, use URL “garmin.com/express”. Once you reach the website, you can download the application by clicking the link as per your Operating System. Thereafter, you can install it on your system using the instructions prompting on your screen.
After the download and installation, you can proceed further to the update process. Make sure that this process is based on the assumption that you are using a registered device.
Add your Nuvi Device to the Garmin Express application:
- Start the process by launching the Garmin Express application by clicking its icon.
- Next, you need to stable establish a connection between your Garmin Nuvi device and computing system.
- In the Garmin Express application, tap the “Add Device” option.
- Then, sign in to your Garmin account or create a new one, as per the requirement.
- In the next window, provide a nickname to your device and make it easy for you to identify it.
- This will successfully complete the device adding process.
Install Garmin Nuvi Update:
After the application has been downloaded to your computer, you may begin the upgrade process. For Garmin Nuvi Update:
- Locate and click the “Check for Updates” option which is located on the dashboard of the Garmin Express application.
- Now, Garmin will start looking for the Garmin Nuvi update for your device.
- On the completion of the search process, you might get the “Install” or “Install all” option, as per the availability of the updates.
- If more than one update is there to get installed, click “View all” and see all the updates available.
- By tapping the “Install” button, the Garmin Nuvi update process will commence.
- Meanwhile, read the terms and conditions that prompt on your screen and show your consent by clicking “Accept”.
- Now, hit the “Continue” tab in the instructions window and wait for say 2-3 minutes.
- After a few minutes, your update will get installed and you can disconnect your device.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Update Errors
There are several errors that you might get while performing the Garmin Nuvi update process. For fixing these errors, you can try performing the general troubleshooting methods that are mentioned below. After performing every procedure, you must check if the error is resolved or not.
- Remove your added Garmin Nuvi device from the application and add it again.
- Reinstall the Garmin Express application from your system by uninstalling the previously installed application.
- Reboot your internet connection.
- Contact customer support and take expert advice to resolve the error.