Garmin Nuvi Device is an outstanding GPS based navigation gadget that is amazingly easy-to-use and versatile. This feature-rich Sat-Nav gadget is an intuitive, state-of-the-art device to enhance user experience on the road. However, just like any technology solution, it must be regularly updated with the latest maps and software. In other words, you must perform the Garmin Nuvi Update process to ensure its accuracy and reliability. Above all, it is required to maintain this best of the breed device in perfect health.
How To Perform Garmin Nuvi Update?
Garmin Nuvi Update can be easily performed by means of a user-friendly desktop application called Garmin Express. Although, it is a simple process that involves connecting the device to your system. As a result, Garmin Express detects and install the available updates automatically. However, first-time users must perform some additional steps for the same.
Step 1: Install Garmin Express
- In the very first place, launch your preferred Web Browser on your computer.
- Then, go to “garmin.com/express” by typing the URL in the Browser’s Address Bar.
- The following window displays buttons stating “Download For Windows” and “Download For Mac”. Hence, click on the Download button according to your computer’s OS.
- As a result, it will start the downloading process. Hence, wait for the process to complete.
- Thereafter, double-click the downloaded Setup File to open the Installer.
- Now, click “Run” on the following pop-up box.
- Next, you should read the “Terms and Conditions” by clicking the respective link. Then, accept the terms to proceed for Garmin Nuvi Update.
- Finally, click on “Install Garmin” and wait for the process to complete.
- At last, Restart your computer.
Step 2: Connect Garmin Nuvi to Computer
- To begin with, it requires you to dismantle your GPS Device from your automobile.
- Now, turn on your Garmin Device. At the same time, recharge it fully. However, if required, connect it to a power source.
- Thereafter, hook it up with your system using a mini USB Cable. In other words, plug in one end of the USB cable to the Garmin Device and the other end to your computer. Another key point to remember is that the device must be connected to the computer with Garmin Express.
- Next, you should wait while the progress bar scrolls.
- After that, launch Garmin Express. Then, click “Get Started”.
- Subsequently, log in to your Garmin Account. However, in case if you haven’t created your account yet. Then, “Create One” and access it.
- Thereafter, click on “Add A Device” on the following window.
- Consequently, it will detect the device and display the same.
- Once again, click on the “Add Device” tab next to the Garmin Nuvi icon.
- Subsequently, complete the connection by following on-screen prompts. It will also take you through the Product Registration process in case of first-time Garmin Nuvi Update.
Step 3: Garmin Nuvi Update
- Once the “Device” is successfully connected to the system, it will take you to the Garmin Express Dashboard. Alternatively, launch Garmin Express. Then, click “Get Started”.
- Consequently, it will automatically detect all the available updates.
- Thereafter, it will display the list of all available updates beneath the connected device.
- Now, click on the “Install All” tab for Garmin Nuvi Update. You will find it at the top right-hand side of the window. However, if you want to install the updates individually. Then, click on “View Details”. Thereafter, click on the “Install” tab beside the update that you want to install.
- As a result, it will start the process for Garmin Nuvi Update. During this process, it will first download the available updates on your system. Then, automatically transferred to the Garmin Device.
- As such, it will take some time. Moreover, this time will depend upon the number/ size of available updates and the speed of your internet connection. Hence, wait for the process to complete properly.
- Once the Garmin Nuvi Update process completes, it will notify you the same.
Step 4: Disconnect the Garmin GPS
- After finishing the Garmin Nuvi Update process, it will display another message confirming that “it is safe to remove the device”.
- Only after this, you should disconnect the “Device” from the computer by unplugging the USB cable.
- Finally, Restart your device to finish the Garmin Nuvi Update process.