Step 1. Install Garmin Express
- Open your preferred web browser on your computer. For instance, you may have Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- After this, launch the official website of Garmin Express. For this, enter “garmin.com/express” in your browser’s address bar.
- Then, hit the enter key from your keyboard.
- On the homepage of the official website for Garmin.com/mapupdates, you will notice two links to download the setup file. Apart from that, it will display a link to check System Requirements. Hence, click on the link for system requirements and make sure that your system is compatible.
- Thereafter, click on the download link as per your operating system. In other words, Windows users must click on “Download for Windows”. However, click on “Download for Mac” if you use a Mac device.
- As such this will initiate the download process for the Setup file necessary for “garmin.com/mapupdates”. Now, you should wait for the process to get completed.
- In the meanwhile, if you are asked to provide a specific location to download the setup file. You need to either, click on the “Save” or “Save As” and provide the desired location.
- After the completion of the download process, trace the downloaded file on your system.
- Next, you should double-click on the file to open it.
- Consequently, click “Run” or “Continue” on the following pop-box.
- Along with that, you will get links for “Terms and Conditions” and “Software License Agreement”. Hence, click on the links one bt one and read the document carefully.
- Finally, click on “Install” in order to initiate installation for garmin.com/mapupdates.
- Then, wait for the process to get completed.
- Simultaneously, Mac users must enter their Mac Admin User ID and Password. Then, click on “Install Software”.
- At last, restart your computer.
Step 2. Connect Garmin GPS To The Computer
- To begin with, remove your Garmin device and prepare it for hooking up with your computer. For this, you have to press its Power button to turn it on. However, in case, if it is turned off. Then, Garmin Express will not recognize it.
- Now, you have to connect it with your computer. In other words, plug in one end of a mini USB cable to your Garmin Device and another end to your system.
- Next, you should launch Garmin Express, you should launch Garmin Express by double-clicking its respective icon.
- Subsequently, click on “Get Started” on the following welcome window.
- As a result, the following window requires you to add your device. Hence, click on the “Add a Device” tab. You will find it at the top left-hand side of the window.
- Consequently, click on “Add Device” when prompted. As such, it will locate your Garmin Device and connect it.
- After that, follow on-screen prompts and complete the connection.
Step 3. Register The Garmin Device
- After completing the last step, the next step is to go through this additional step of Product Registration.
- Therefore, if your device is not yet registered, the following window will prompt you to provide your Email Address. Hence, type in your registered Email Address and click “Next”.
- After that, log in to your Garmin Account.
- However, if you haven’t created your account yet. Then, you should first create one. Afterward, log in to it.
- Now, provide a “Nickname” for this device on the following window. Thereafter, click “Next” to proceed with garmin.com/mapupdates.
- Consequently, click “Yes” or “No” as per your preference for “Anonymous Data Collection”.
- Thereafter, complete the network connection if prompted. You should simply follow on-screen prompts and choose the connection mode for your desktop/ GPS device. This will complete your GPS Device Registration.
Step 4. Update Garmin GPS
- As your device is connected to the software, it will redirect you to the dashboard of Garmin Express.
- The application automatically detects all the available updates. As such, you will get a list of all the updates including the Map updates on its dashboard.
- After that, click on “Install All” or “Select All” to install all of the available updates. However, if you want to install the updates individually. Then, click on the “Install” button next to that specific update.
- Subsequently, Garmin Express will update your Garmin GPS Device with the latest maps and software.
- However, this might take some time. Hence, wait for the process to complete properly.
- At last, it will notify you about the success of the Garmin Update process. Subsequently, it will inform you when it is safe to disconnect your device. Hence, unplug the Device only when you get this message.