Garmin Express is an application for setting up, registering, updating maps and manage your Garmin devices. Express notifies you when new map updates are available so that you can install them easily. Also, you can get the latest detailed street maps to ensure accurate navigation. So to download and install the software from garmin.com/express, follow the below-given procedures.
To download the software from garmin.com/express, follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Now, go to garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar which is given at the top of your screen.
- Next, click on Download for Windows or Downloads for Mac according to your operating system. By doing so, the file will start downloading.
- Downloading might take a few minutes and you need to wait till the process gets completed.
- Once the file is downloaded, it will automatically be saved in the Downloads folder. But if you want to save in some other folder, you have to do it manually.
Follow the below-given steps to install the software from garmin.com/express on Windows:
- Firstly, open the Downloads folder on your computer.
- Now, locate the .exe file of Garmin Express.
- Then, double-click the file and a pop-up box of Security Warning will display on your screen. Click on the Run button.
- The main window will appear on your screen. Click on the terms and conditions link and read the license agreement carefully. If you agree with all the terms, select the checkbox given there.
- Then, click on the Options tab given at the bottom of the window to change the default installation location. It will take you to a new window, click on the Browse tab and select your preferred folder. Then, click on the OK button.
- To return back on the Installation screen, click on the Back button.
- On the Installation window, click on the Install button to start installing the software.
- While installing the software, the program will show you a pop-up box of User Account Control. To allow permission for making required changes to your computer, click on the Yes button.
- Installation may take a few minutes and you need to wait till the process gets completed.
- When the software is installed, click on the Launch Garmin Express button.
- Click on the Get Started tab to open the application.
Follow the below-given steps to install the software from garmin.com/express on Mac:
- Firstly, open Finder on your Mac.
- From the left side of the window, click on the Downloads tab.
- Then, search for the .dmg file of Garmin Express. Double-click the file and a new window will appear on your screen. Click on the Install Garmin Express icon.
- It will show you a pop-up box to verify whether the software can be installed, click on the continue button.
- In the next window, click the Continue button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Then, read all the terms and conditions of the license agreement and click the continue button.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen. To continue installing the software you must agree to the terms and conditions of the software license agreement. Click on the Agree button.
- It will take you to the installation window. Click on the Install button located at the bottom-right corner of the screen. The software will start installing.
- To continue the installation process, enter your mac username and password and then click on the Install Software button.
- Wait till the installation finishes. When the Installation Successful window appears, click on the Close button.